300SD Heater/AC fan

Well at the turn of the seasons, my fan has stopped working. The fuses seem fine. Anyone know how/where to access the fan?

With your fan speed selector on high, kick the bottom part of passenger front dash... if fan goes on, then you got a bad motor.
Are you positive the fuse is good? Did you take it out?
Lastly, if both above doesn't work, then while the car is idling... and fan speed on high. Just turn your ignition key back a bit toward off but before it shuts down the engine... if the blower comes on, then you got a bad ignition switch.

That worked with mine and the motor was new. The pushbutton contril unit was bad in my case. I'm a great believer in kicking things but this isn't an authoritative test :-)

In mine, one of the circuits was fried, I soldered and everything worked again.
Get one of those 6V or 12V batteries and connect it directly to the motor, if that works then your problem is elsewhere.
cp
Ahh... the german's way of fixing problem... or is it american way... just smash it.... hehehe
300SD 116 body?? or 126 body?? It would help!!! If you don't know your body style, at least post the friggen year.....

Dead simple. Undp the 4 screws that hold the passenger kick panel (where your kneew go) in place, then undo the screws on the big black plastic plate you see. Now you have access to the fan.

You know, in my 380SE I couldn't get the passenger kick panel out for some reason (and yes, I undid all 4 screws). I just undid the big black plastic plate and it worked fine. Richard
Thanks to all that replied. I have tried all of Tiger's suggestions with no result. Now I'll try Richard's directions to get the kick panel off.
Sorry to cp. I have the 126 body.
Terray