300SDL Hesitation

Got a friend with 87 300SDL. He recently developed a hesitation problem upon acceleration. The car did die on the road a couple of times but hesitation is the big issue.

Is this the banjo bolt issue?

Reply to
Tiger

I don't know, but I can tell you this. I checked the banjo bolt on my

80 300SD for the first time ever at about 120K miles. It was clean as a whistle. So, I wonder how ofter it really gets clogged. But certainly worth checking, since it's accessible and easy.
Reply to
trader4

This sounds like fuel filters need to be changed to me.

Reply to
DougS