300SDL Hesitation

Got a friend with 87 300SDL. He recently developed a hesitation problem upon acceleration. The car did die on the road a couple of times but hesitation
is the big issue.
Is this the banjo bolt issue?

I don't know, but I can tell you this. I checked the banjo bolt on my 80 300SD for the first time ever at about 120K miles. It was clean as a whistle. So, I wonder how ofter it really gets clogged. But certainly worth checking, since it's accessible and easy.

This sounds like fuel filters need to be changed to me.