300td front shocks questions

because I know you know...
1. Is replacing these something I can do in my driveway? That is, wit the car on stands can I slide the shocks into position? Or do I have t
find someplace with a lift?
2. I'm going for the Bilsteins, they seem to be the majority's choice but I'm torn between the heavy duty and the comfort - what are the mai differences? I drive only a few miles each day on city streets(now) bu may end up driving 25 miles each way on our good Texas highways.
Thanks for your advice and opinions!
tweak
-
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.auto.mercedes More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.htm
Yes, you can do the job yourself on the stand. You will actually need two stands. Jack up one side only and then place a safety jack stand underneath the lower control arm. Lower the car down a bit so the lower control arm is resting on the jack stand.
Then place the other jack stand to a solid structure for safety purpose...
Now, you can work on the front shocks.
I would say stick with comfort as it is close to Stock spec... HD is rough under city street.
Thanks! I was leaning towards the comfort myself. I appreciate you advice, as always...
tweak
-