300TD lift gate lock

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get the lock out of the lift gate on an 84 300TD Wagaon. I ONLY want the part you put the key in. I'd prefer to leave the rest of it in place. I'm just trying to
switht the key with another vehicle. HELP!

Remove the inner trim panel, disconnect the linkages and unbolt the latch assembly from inside the 'gate.