300TD windows

Group, I have found that I have 2 non-operational windows. The switch is not at fault. Are there common "gotcha's" about MB windows.Before I tear open the doors to check the motors, anything easier to check first. You'd think if the motor was at fault, the driver's side would die first, but the passenger side is out, and the driver side backseat is out. Tnx,Adysthemic

Reply to
Adysthemic

Relays. The switch you push energizes a relay which energizes the motor. The relays are interchangeable so switch them around and you may find the bad one(s). The task is to find where they are clustered.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

You may have a bad fuse in the fusebox of the vehicle. Your pattern fits the pattern of the fuses. One fuse protects the driver's window and the right rear, another the passenger side window and the left rear. I had a fuse with an invisibly small crack once and I took it to the dealer and as soon as the mechanic saw that my passenger front and rear left were out he told me to check the fuse and that is what it turned out to be.

Those switches do go out from time to time though. They aren't terribly expensive and are readily available from on-line parts places.

Prices on switches vary from $11 - $22 here:

You can get both sides for about $45 total.

I d> Group,

Reply to
heav

I would start out with fuse first... take them out and put a new one in. They look okay in place but when you take them out... you will see they are bad.

If that didn't work, then I would take the switch apart and clean all the contacts inside it. It is almost always the switch when you can open but not close... or vice versa.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
C.K. CHENG