320 cdi preheater

hi I have a 2000 320 cdi which has the deisel preheater that comes on when it is really cold, I want to know where the sensor/switch is so that I can put a remote on the unit and have the car warm for when I get in. I know a
timer unit was an option but I dont have that luxury

how long does it takes to prewarm your diesel? at my c class it: something between 1 or 3 seconds. my really could is something at 10 degrees below zero (celsius).
Adele wrote:

how long does it take to prewarm your diesel? at my c class it's something between 1 or 3 seconds. my really cold is something at 10 degrees below zero (celsius).

what kind of car?
request a BLOCK HEATER from the dealer. do not know if NAPA would have one. it replaces one of the FREEZE PLUGS that is now in the motor. i have seen the lower radiator hoses that heat up but have no idea if they are worth it. my guess would be no.
this must be plugged in to the house current to work. don't expect your foot to get toasty once it starts up but with my old 300sd it takes much less time for the heater to put some warm air out.
the newer motors like yours warm up faster <i have been told> than the older ones.
Tiger if he sees this may be able to tell you whats involved to install it.
you may have one in there already all 3 of my older<2> 300sd & <1> 240d <82 84> had them. look on the pass side under the hood up front for a plug.
good luck
the case, minus a few cans!