350 SDL Glow Plug Light

Just replaced all glow plugs in this SDL with 76000 miles, haven't had car but a few weeks, it appeared that the plugs that came out were new. The dash light works properly on occasion but other times it doesn't come on and
will come on after car is cranked, it will stay on for a few seconds and go off. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Frank
You may need to reeplace the glow plug relay. Mine would come on after driving for a while when all the glow plugs checked good.
Chris

Did this problem cause a skip when cranking the engine cold? I've had the engine to skip when first cranked cold. Frank

Yes, and runs rough for 30 - 60 seconds.
Chris

new.
come
Symptoms sound just like mine, I'll get it checked in a day or so, if I knew which was the glow plug relay, I'd replace it myself, provided I could find one. What's the cost of the relay? Thanks

It is on the drivers' side of the engine compartment at the front of the wheel well. A square cover that comes off to expose the wires that go to each glow plug. I think it was $160? Try www.perfomanceproducts or www.mercedesshop.com
Chris

had
Stopped by the Mercedes shop today, they concurred that the relay was bad, it cost $157 plus small labor charge, I guess not too bad. I've only driven a little since the work was done hopefully my problem is solved. Thanks Frank