350 SLC Timing Chain Slack

My '75 350 slc Euro lost power and started making a horrible clacking noise. I checked compression. cylinders 1 thru 4 175PSI 5=0 PSI 6=90 PSI 7&8=0 PSI. Removed the valve cover to find a considerable bit of chain slack.

Is the 350 V8 an Intereference engine? If so, is it possible that I just skipped a tooth or 2 and didn't damage valves?

Can anyone explain cylinder 6 having some compression while 5, 7, & 8 have None?

Where should I go from here?

Thanks for any help.

-Conrad

Reply to
Conrad

You bent some valves on the left head. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire