38 pin connection

I have E240 year model 1998.

I can connect engine control unit via 38 pin connector (pin #4) under the hood. ECU responds nice.

But there seems to be something odd when I try to connect transmission computer by pin #10. There seems to be no responce at all.

Device is ELM327 based and I suppose the protocol should be ISO 9141-2.

What am I doing wrong? Is the transmission connection supposed to be made with K- or L-line? At least engine responds K-line fine but how about the transmission?

What I'm lookin for is clearing transmission adaptation. I do not know what commands to use for this yet, but maybe the connection should work first.

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula