380 miss at idle continued

Hello, Recently (within the last 1000 miles or so), my 1985 380SE developed a miss. It only happens after the car has been on for about 2 minutes after a cold start. It happens when idling (at a rate of how you say out loud miss 1

2 3 miss 1 2 3 miss), and then when between the speeds of 0-2mph it happens at a more frequent rate (missmissmissmiss) and then at speeds above that it goes away.I've included a list of when stuff possibly related to this was last done 4000 miles ago fuel injectors, fuel injector seals and holders, idle air tubes, spark plugs 20000 (yes, 20 thousand) miles ago timing chain, spark plug wires, distributor rotor and cap,. one camshaft Thanks, Richard
Reply to
marlinspike

marlinspike

not a good idea to drive it whilst it misses this much...

it may do some considerably bad harm your engine

first thing came to my mind...was spark wires....have you changed them all? this seems the most reasonable, since you described a connection to engine temp....

chance in resistance and so on

I'd say this is NOT a mechanical issue...but only electrical / ignition

alex

"marlinspike" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c1qufb$1lf1g4$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-205300.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Reply to
marlinspike

have your v8 hooked up to a motor analyzer to find out which of the 8 is the culprit

then continue....well, you have done a lot of things...almost too much

have the compression checked on all cylinders....next would be head gasket... does it lose water? might be coolant reaching into the combustion zone of one or more cylinders....thus not having it ignit correctly...

2 cent from alex

"marlinspike" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c1r3do$1m1lf0$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-205300.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

That costs money doesn't it? Hmmm, I might not be doing that. Do you think it could last with a miss like this for about 5 years if I only drive about

6000miles/year?

It does, but only through the overflow at the top of the tank. If I fill it up to the line when the engine is cold, it will leak out enough to go about

2cm below the line, and then it will stop leaking out.
Reply to
marlinspike