380 SE FAN NOT WORKING

Hi. I have 85 380se ( 2 months Ol) I Was trying to fix My Window regulator, Then I it was A burn Smell all over the front. then I open the hood The Black Lid Inside of Hood the front one on the passenger side where too many cables meet ( I'm rookie to MB and Also Non Native english, So i don't know what it's called). It seemed that One cable was missing and the is where all the burn mud was getting in to. Anyone got any idea How do i fix this. Or at least know what I'm talking About? Thanks

Reply to
BishopBenz

Mistakes like this can be very expensive, so doing such repairs yourself to save money is not a good decision.

I suspect you shorted a hot wire to the window regulator by touching it to the door which is the car's electrical ground. The window regulators are controlled by relays which are probably located in the black box with the car's electrical fuses. The best case would be that a relay was burned up, the worst case that the wire itself was damaged and now needs to be replaced.

But your message header is that the car's fan is not working. What does the fan have to do with the window regulator?

Suggest you take the car to an independent M-B shop and ask them to fix it.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach