380 SL Cruise Control

Can anyone help please? The cruise control on my 1982 380SL has quit working. When using the lever to activate, it will engage, but will not stay. It will accellerate as long as I hold the lever, but quits when I let
go. Is this is something that is easily repaired or do I need to see a dealer?
Dave
Dave -
Unfortunately, cruise control problems are not unique to the W107, and cross several model series. A dealer can only sell you more of the same. However, a company called General Development Laboratories in Goleta, CA has developed a very profitable business repairing & selling replacement components for your cruise control. They seem to be the Gurus. I recommend you seek them out and go sit at their feet for a while.
You can reach them here: http://www.gdl-online.com/begin1.html
Successful self-repair is also possible, but not for the faint of heart. I got lucky, but don't think I would attempt it a second time. While I've not personally utilized GDL's services, I've heard nothing but good feedback about their products from other MB owners here on UseNet.
Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 214K miles
wow wrote:

Get the part number of your crusie control amp and see if there's any on ebay. The amp should be under the dash on the driver's door side of the steering column.
--

73
Hank WD5JFR