380 SL Visors

My sun visors are shot, would like to replace them, or at least have them rebuilt, but...
How the heck do you get them out?
Help appreciated. Thanx.

Someone posted this a while back:
Remove the rear view mirror [it pops off at the base]. Remove the 3 screws holding the mirror plate to the header. Pop the visor out of the plastic support. Remove the plastic support with a phillips screwdriver. Look for the hole about an inch or two from the pivot, there is a screw in that hole. Remove it. From the middle, drop each trim piece. Look on the inner edge of the visor pivot for a screw. Tighten it. That will tighten the ball in the socket and the visor will stay up.

Bill Bunn wrote:

Wish I had know all that when I replaced the drivers side on my 73 450 a few weeks ago.. Couldn't figure how to git the RV mirror off....but somehow got the visor replaced.. MBz didn't have 'em in my color anymo's so got 'em from an after market site..a perfect fit
Could you please post the "After Market Site" that you got them from. I need some for my '80 Silver 450SL? Thanks...
Bill

in
will
Sure....
http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com/ProductCatalog.aspx?f=search&term=visor&C=T
The dealer only had them in black for my year You will need to cut out tiny holes to insert the rod, and turn the rod to insert it into the keyways inside the visor.. Take the old one apart to understand how they fit together...Delivery was a bit slow, but was happy with the color match