380sl Rear Defrost Problem

I just put the hardtop on my 81 380sl, and the rear defrost isn't working, though.there's power at the connector. Is there anything else to look at, or does it have to be the grid?

Thanks

Reply to
Tom Bidwell

clean the contacter with contact cleaner from radio shack.

like my car i lost the defroster bit it was only 2 or 3 lines that were open. that i can live with.

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

I tested the continuity across the plug from the rear window, and there wasn't any. So Im skeptical it's the contacts. Any other suggestions.

I;d try repairing the grid, but I can't even see it?

Reply to
Tom Bidwell

I suppose because some fool scraped it off? you should be able to see it pretty readily... You can in my 86 190e, although I haver only one line that doesn't work, it kind of bugs me.

I can be very slack about cosmetic stuff, but functional stuff that isn't PERFECT irritates me.

Reply to
Martin Joseph