380SL - squeaking right rear....

I have a squeaking noise right rear on my 1983 380SL. Sounds like a wheel bearing squeak. Are there other components on Mercedes that might be making
this sound?
Ptolemy wrote:

You could have a faulty brake caliper, too, causing the pads to always be touching.
--
- Michael J. Astrauskas

I suspect brake pads are causing the squeak... simply drive it more often, if not stopped after a while, then you must clean the pads and assembly.
On Thu, 20 May 2004 14:39:57 -0700, "Michael J. Astrauskas"

To test Michael's theory, drive the car for a few miles normally then pull over. Now *carefully* touch the middle of each front alloy wheel. They should be equally warm... if the squeeky side is hotter than the non-squeeky side you have found your culprit ;)
300Essie
--
1994 Mercedes E280 [W124] 99,000 miles (R.I.P)
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles