450 SEL with bent valves

Hi, Just bought 2 450 SEL's one for parts (rusty) one to fix (extremly good condition excepting valve issues) can anyone advise anything that might catch me out during repair of the bent valves? I will be replacing
anything damaged as well as top guides and chain, anything else? whos found a cheap supplier of gaskets? Thanks Roger Australia
Roger wrote:

What years? Just had my 73' 450 gone thru, both heads had rotted out after 300K miles and needed replacing (new one's aren't available)
Here's an excellent sourse of parts (but they're in Southern Calif)
www.performanceproducts4benz.com
(they have a great catalog with exploded pictures and tools needed to DIY..but didn't see one of those pullers needed to get the pins holding in the plastic/nylon timing runners out)
Ken Thanks for the info, I have a '79 parts car and an '80 to fix. Roger

Roger wrote:

Hope you're doing it just for the love of the car.. Those big cars don't have much of a resale value up here(too expensive to fix) The SL's have held up their value (but not the SLC's)..K
Ken wrote:
Hope you're doing it just for the love of the car..

some people think they have a huge value but Im not one of those. If they arn't running or they are rusty they are worth their weight in scrap. Roger
Roger wrote:

Yeah I can relate to that. The SL sat in the garage here for 7 years, until I thought, either get rid of it or fix it. It still needs a new soft top and paint but everything else is up and running (except the AC)..K