450 slc data card

Greetings MB folk I have a not very clear photostat of a 450 SLC data card On that card item 19 is "mich" unfortuntately the german text is unreadable and I am curious as to
what mich may mean in this context. many thanks David Hill
That tells you the original brand of tires the car came with: Michelin.

Hello David, Mich means Michelin, the producer of the tyres.
The German text in item 19, you can't read:
19 Bereifung 5-fach Fabrikat Mich
Bereifung means tyre 5-fach means 4 wheels + spare wheel Fabrikat means Producer
In the 70ies and 80 Mercedes delivered the brand new car with different producer of the tyres.
Michelin (French) Continental (German) Fulda (German)
So, have lock in your trunk. When your spare wheel is original, then you should have installed a michelin tyre on the wheel.
Greetings from Germany
Jan
What is special about that. Merc still supplies a variety of tyre brands. E.g. I have Pirellis on my 2001 CLK Cab.
I think the original brand on our 1993 190E was Continental.
DAS
news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...