450SL door locks

I am having a vacuum problem somewhere but i can't figure out where it would be. When I lock or unlock the drivers door, the passenger door locks and unlocks as well. But if i lock or unlock the passenger door, it does not operate the drivers door. Also, if I unlock the trunk it does not unlock the doors. Any ideas? TIA Shannon '80 450SL 221k mi '86 300SDL 365k mi

Reply to
Shannon Pelley

Was that even an option back then? Trunk locking the doors? I thought that came out in the late 80's... I think 86, but then again, I don't know much about SL.

Now that you are making me think... I don't recall my 84 380SE locking all doors from passenger front door. I know for sure that the trunk does not lock the passenger doors.

Reply to
Tiger

The locks work as designed.

Driver's door unlocks everything except if trunk is "double locked" (two position lock) with slot horizontal trunk locks with driver's door but trunk stays locked and must be unlocked with master key when its key slot is vertical.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

Am trying to recall how my 1983/4 200 worked. I agree with the boot/trunk question, that the boot stays locked if the deadlock has been operated (no longer possible) on more modern cars.

However, one can still open the boot lid from its own lock. I am not sure "everything" was unlocked from the passenger side. In the 1993 190 the passenger door unlocks everything also (assuming boot lid has not been dead-locked)..

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling