450SL Fuel leak

When ever I run my 1980 450sl, fuel leaks from a component near the back of the engine. I am not sure what this is. It is connected to the fuel line and is located about the middle of the engine on the top rear. Does anyone know what this is and where I can get a replacement?

Thanks, Bryan

Reply to
bryan

At one point you say "near the back" and at another "the middle of the engine." Which is it? I hope for your bank account's sake it isn't the fuel distributor (has lines going to each injector)

Reply to
curmudgeon

It is not a large item and does not have multiple lines connected to it. It is inline with the fuel line, It think it had a wire connecte to it. It is in the Center (Midline) of the engine towards the rear. I will try to get a photo of it, Should make it eaiser to identify. Thanks for the reply, Bryan

Reply to
Sparky