450SL - Sweden

some days ago...my MB lost all heat inside the car... i hear the dampers move....as i try to regulate. the engine gets hot !
Should i start lookin in the controll of the heat...if some wire is broken ?
OR should i start look for dirt in the heatwaterpipe ?
/ Magnus
Depends on the climate control system installed in your car.
The failure possibilities are larger if the climate control is the automatic type - dial the temperature and the system does the rest. If that type, the "amplifier" (logic board) or the "servo" (vacuum, fan and heat controller) could be defective.
However, if your car has the simpler manual type I'd suggest checking the heater control valve.
ooh.... naturally i forgot to say...1974 - 450SL So it is with "manual" regulation... / Magnus