5-Speed 190D to !90E

There is an advertisement for a five speed from a 1986 190D. It states that it SHOULD fit a 190E. Is this right? Is the 2.3 transmission the same as the
2.6 transmission? If so, besides linkage, will this be a bolt up installation?
I'll be putting it into a 1985 W123 230CE (Same engine as the 190E 2.3) which currently has a four speed transmission. I don't know what to expect with the gearshift lever gates inside the car, epically with reverse lock-out since reverse is in a different position.
Thanks, Scott
I do not know but...... there is a 190E 2.3 16V with a 5 speed in it at one of the self serve yards here in Fresno Calif.....