Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Driving Euro diesels from Audi, BMW, Chrysler, and Mini
From Consumer Reports: September 18, 2008 Driving Euro diesels from Audi, BMW, Chrysler, and Mini More than half the cars sold in Europe are high-mpg diesels. So given the opportunity to sample four...
23
23

240D fuel return hoses
These hoses seem to lose their seal periodically. Especially if I fill the fuel tank. Any tips on clamping them or preventing this? Chris
2
2

mercedes 230 ce
where about would the vacum pump be on the car as i do not have a manual many thanks roy --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -=...
2
2

Interior light/door lock problem 1999 C280
When I get in and close the door the overhead light goes out, then as I start to drive the doors lock. This is normal. The problem is that as I drive along the overhead light will come on and the...
2
2

Car door lock for '83 240D
Hi again Experts, This time I'm back with a car door lock problem. The driver's door has been a "bit reluctant" to close in the past few weeks and I had to give it a firm jolt for it to close...
6
6

Re-man Bosch diesel injectors
Sometimes I'm really glad I let my indy guy do the work on my '92 300D. She's way overdue for injectors and the bench test confirmed it. The first set of 5 factory rebuilt injectors only yielded 2...
5
5

Timing Chain Replacemnt
1990 560 SEC As a rule of thumb, how many hours labour should a shop charge for the replacement of a timing chain in this car? And I don't mean the cheater method that basically just feeds the new...
4
4

1993 300 SL 5 speed stick
I have a 1993 300 SL 5 speed stick with about 54,000 miles and drive it about 3500 miles a year. About two weeks ago I drove it after about 2 months in the garage. It was very hard to start and keep...
3
3

Help please....230 te rear seat wont go down!!
hi, can anyone help me please . ive recently bought a 230te mercedes, and want to use the entire rear space for transporting,as i m moving. managed to get the double small seats to go down no prob,...
1
1

1990 300E 2.6L
My 1990 300E 2.6L Mercedes just passed 300,000 miles. Both the engine and transmission were rebuilt at 200,000 miles. The plugs, wires, water pump, shocks, springs and exhaust were replaces between...
5
5

BATTERY
I have a 1989 560 SEL. I have to replace my battery because it's showing LOW and the winter is fast approaching. Question one; What will happen to the radio when I disconnect the battery to replace...
9
9

Glow plug liight?
The glow plug preheat light on my '92 300D recently stopped lighting during what should have been preheat but comes on *after* the engine starts and glows for about 15 seconds. Any words of wisdom?...
2
2

Transmission fluid 1988 190e 2.3L
May I ask if anyone knows (or can refer to website) correct automatic transmission fluid for 1988 model 190e with 2.3 Liter engine sold in US market. I do not have any manuals at this time. Thanks in...
1
1

Tool kit for SL500
It was stolen from my SL and I can't find a used one to replace it. It must be one somewhere .
16
16

Re: Ping Richard: You claim your farari can do 88-96mpg at 48mph like my Mercedes E320 ?
[...] Don't fret. It's a scam and a very transparent one. Every video shows the car slowly decelerating; especially the so-called "90 mpg" section. His right foot is nowhere near the pedal. With any...
5
5