500 SEL

I am thinking of getting a 500SEL. Does anyone know about these cars? What year should I look for? lastly, what type of mileage would the 500 SEL have? Oh, what price should I expect. I have a 560 SEL now and love MB's cars now.

TIA,

Bill '89 560 SEL

Reply to
BG

You are probably referring to the W140 body style... If you are handy with repairs, you can expect fairly low expenses... otherwise, it will drain your pocket as people complained of the complexity and multiple electronic problems.

Reply to
Tiger

So, Tiger in your opinon (and I value it) what would be a good benz to get (model, year and price)?

I do have two left thumbs when it comes to electronics (leave it to the pros).

TIA,

Bill "89 560 SEL

Reply to
BG

They never made a better one than the one you already have. Find a 91 low milage one if you need another or fix yours.

The 140's are not in my opinion, worth the rediculous upkeep those cars require.

Reply to
Richard

Is there a guide that shows which cars are which?

140 = 145 =

Richard wrote:

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

I believe (not sure) that there is only a 140 model.

Reply to
bg

No, there are different 500 SEL's. I have a 500 SEL and it is about the same as your 560 SEL. When asking a question about a car, please give the year and body style or body number. For instance, my 1984 500 SEL and the

1992 500 SEL are different cars. However you ask a question about a 500 SEL which I could answer about my car and you would get very different answers than you would get from someone else answering about their 92 500 SEL. Along these same lines, we both have 126 cars and they look almost the same but they are not the same when asking questions, especially about the electrical system. So I hope this will help people get better answers by giving more information.

Paul

Reply to
Paul