500 SEL, '93

Greetings group members, do any of you have CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS regarding the purchase of a 1993 500 SEL, good condition, most of its life in the Southern USA, less than 75000 miles, garaged, KBB private
party sale lists about $11K, Replies appreciated.

The only weakness I have been aware of is the climate control system which I think is replaced (and much better) in the 1997 and up S classes. I believe I read that the weakness is in the core behind the dash which requires that the dash be removed to get at it. Big $$$$$ to repair.
If I were you I would buy a 99 which is the last year of that model and usually has all the bugs worked out.
Do you want a cheering section or someone's knowledge, perhaps critical, of this model?
Some owners were quite frustrated by steering vibrations, especially when M-B blamed the tires and the tire mfrs blamed the car's design. Suggest you learn about that issue and its eventual resolution, if any, before buying.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

This is TOTALLY constructive. Money pit!

If it's a 91 W126 chassis registered as a 93 it's merely an overpriced good car. If its a W140 chassis you'll go broke keeping it running. Good car but everything is $5000 to fix.