500 SEL Timing Cover

Im having trouble removing the timing cover on my 500 SEL. I have removed everything on the front of the car, taken off all the bolts for the cover. I even loosened the 3 closest head bolts closest to the
front of the car, as well as the oil pan bolts, but I still can't seem to get it off. Is there something that I may have missed? Im told this is a hard task to do
Did you remove the bolts at the bottom of each head? Not the headbolts, tighten then back up! The pass head has 1 long one thru the top, 2 short ones inside at the bottom. The drivers side has 2 short ones at the bottom. You also need to pull the rail pins and the upper rails...

Not what you asked for but, note that once the cover starts coming off you'll need to remove the oilpump chain from within the oilsump. That is the difficult part (along with putting it back on again).
Just take your time and you will make it (take it from one that has alredy been there, with my 380SE... which is up and running again now!)
pej
--
Per Erik Jorde