500SEC blower motor

If I double-posted this, I apologize, I tried to post earlier today but don't see my posting, so maybe I did something wrong - I have a friend who has a 1985 500SEC and he needs to replace the blower motor
(squealing). The squirrel cage (plastic) appears to be pressed on, but cannot figure out how to get it off and onto new motor - is there a trick to this repair? Thanks for the help. Steve