500SL

Hello MB people I just bought a 1992 500SL and can't get the roll bar up. I hear hear the motor when I press the switch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
You wrote:

RTFM, it tells you about the latch on the driver's side of the trunk that you'll need to operate.
Sean.... I didn' get the manual with the car and can't find one online.
Can you explain about the latch..Exactly where is it and how to work.
Thanks Charlie