Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Remove Steering Wheel of '83 240D
I have been trying to remove the dash panel from this car and it cannot come out with the steering wheel in place. The steering wheel is the type with the countersunk hex screw and I have just spent...
10
10

Removing Steering Wheel of '83 240D
I have been trying to remove the dash panel from this car and it cannot come out with the steering wheel in place. The steering wheel is the type with the countersunk hex screw and I have just spent...
1
1

Removing the Dash Panel to replace insulation
Hi Experts, I am onto a new project now - replacing the smelly acoustic insulation in my '83 240D. This material is a layer of about 3/8" thick with a dark grey rubber or soft plastic backing. It...

Cruise control problem - 1978 450SL
Hi. Can anyone advise on how to troubleshoot this problem? Cruise Control lever accelerates when lifted and decelerates when dropped. It does not stick to any speed. I don't know what components make...
2
2

Battle Over Faked Holocaust Memoir in Mass. Court
You can't help but wonder how many of these other 'recollections' are total bullshit also. ** Posted from ** teranews.com
2
2

hood
need help ! I can't open my hood, the cable broke! is there a way to open the hood? I would appreciate thank you
1
1

270 CDI 2002; Turbo opinion (UK)
Hi Would you guys comment? I've been told by an experienced user that one should always leave the car running for 2 minutes prior to driving and before switching off.. He said that mercedes...
6
6

'79 240D carpet and seat padding
My 240 if in great shape both interior and exterior with two exception: First, the carpet. There are two strips along the outer edges of the driver's and front passenger's foot wells that are bare of...
6
6

Bulb out warning light
On my '92 300D occasionally upon braking the burned out bulb indicator light activates. I've had someone else hold the brake while I look for this phantom bulb to no avail. Today it did it and on a...
3
3

1987 450SL Autotop
I saw an old topic on this subject and need to know if anyone has info on this system. A tag on one of the electrical boards says " ASC Autotop Inc. Houston, Texas Design by PC Masters & ECS Rev....

Mercedes 1996 C250 Wing Mirror Glass Problem
Right hand side mirror glass replacement is my problem. The manual says to remove a "C" shaped clip after springing the mirror unit forwards against the spring. There is no such "C" clip evident in...
2
2

CLK 200 Open Circuit P0130 Oxygen Sensor Upstream
Hi friends, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a CLK 200 and keep getting the engine management light on with the computer reading "Open Circuit P0130 Oxygen Sensor Upstream" I have changed the...
6
6

W123 Dash Texture
In a wrecking yard I found a crack-free black dash board. I got it to replace the very cracked blue dash in my car. While prepping it for painting, I saw that the texture was different from any other...
2
2

90 560SEL M117 Won't start after rebuild
I just finished installing the engine and found a new problem that didn't exist before I started the project. The engine will not start unless I "prime" it with a little gas poured into the intake. It...
1
1

617 diesel injection pump wrench?
I'm going to check the injection timing and replace the nozzles on my 1980 300SD, 617 engine. What wrench have folks been using for the 17mm connection where the injector piping meets the injection...
3
3