Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1993 300e 4-dr sedan
I have a chance to purchase a 1993 300e 4dr sedan that is in great shape interior and exterior wise; however, it has a leaking head gasket. I think that I can get it for under $1K, and do the work...
1
1

Disable Alarm on 2001 ML320
My brother put his ML320 on a ferry boat... the alarm keeps triggering. Is there a way to disarm it temporarily?
7
7

1996 C-36 oil filter location
Our dealer can't handle our oil change for us, so I undertook to do it myself. I've removed the belly pan, drained the oil, and........................I can't find the filter. Anyone know where it is?...
2
2

Consider yourself lucky if you own a German car, here's the reason:
http://extra150miles.com/Notallcars3X.html
4
4

MB diesels in USA
I had a 1981 300D from 1991 to 2005, and I put 244,000 miles on it. Great daily driver, but I did not want to cough up for engine work (seals were shot) so I sold it on eBay. Also, larger than I want....
16
16

240D Drip Tube Conundrum
Situation: Crankshaft set at 24 degrees BTDC. (checked that the cams pointing away from rocker arms on cylinder 1) Tubes from IP to injectors removed Four nuts on IP loose (so IP is now rotatable)...
11
11

Adjusting the IP Tming of 240D - 123-616
Hi Experts, Does anyone have a clear set of instructions for setting the IP timing? I have just been loading up on the MBZ gobbledegook in the manuals and find it very fuzzy in places. TIA

online service docs
Are there any? My brother's 2000 500SL just went off warranty, so I'll be looking after it from here on in.
1
1

Oil Recommendation
Any advice on what weight oil to run in a 300SDL with 355,000 miles? I have seen internet postings of people running 15w40, but their mileage is lower than more so i didn't know if that was still a...
11
11

Leaking Brake Line help needed
My ?94 E420 has developed a leak in a brake line near the rear axle. I?m thinking of replacing the line/lines myself. I hear that you need to drop the suspension to do this which is a problem since...
1
1

gas millage report
Hi folks, On 25 miles range with the speed set to 55MPH I got 29.5MPG - on '00 E320 4Matic with 100k miles. And it was 89 octan gas. Best regards, Andy
6
6

Mobile phone (cellphone) for 2001 CLK hooked to car
This subject has probably been aired before but I can't find any references in the last 500 subject lines or so (I have had to re-install Windows and re-download messages)...so any help gratefully...
20
20

Cruise Control Jerks on Gradual Downhill
I have a 1982 300 TDT. The cruise control is all electronic, not vacuum. I have replaced the control unit with a modern rebuilt unit and the actuator with a new VDO actuator (servo). It has about...
3
3

Get cheap and guaranteed online car loans.
Searching for reputable and good Car Loans Online company on the Internet you are going to have to make certain that you do all the necessary research that is required in order to compare all the...

'95 E320 wagon > overheating / water pump
Car overheated with the loud "pop" of a broken hose as it was being parked. Now in a garage (90 mi from where I live) that is telling me that a new "Mercedes" water pump will cost me $400 and the...
6
6