560 A/C

I have read the solution somewhere but can't find it back My a/c blows on the windshield while the middle button is pressed.I should blow true the vents and a small amount to the windshield.I ge nothing from out of the vents While I'm driving it just freezes up the glass... Other functions seem to work properly Anyone knows why it is doing this

Reply to
mus098

It is your defrost vent vacuum actuator that is bad... This is the most used actuator because by default it is in open position and everytime you start. it closes up. So this is wear and tear item.

This actuator is located by the glovebox... You have to remove the glovebox... remove all those double anchors... which is remove every single pins first before you remove the base anchor.

It is located in the center console area next to the glovebox... you can actuate it with your hand. Very easy fix.

Reply to
Tiger

I think I know wha

you're talking about.These are two black boxes that are connecte with an aluminum rod and when you change buttons,it moves a flap.I is located right behind the radio,correct If that's it,it is working fine.I did found a connecting ro disconnected due to the little plastic holder that was broken.Tha rod is above the blower,behind the glovebox(in my case behind th airbag).I used a clip (from a carbuteror) to reconnect it and the ai is flowing where it supposed to flow when the middle button i pressed Now I have no air to the windshield(normal) and alot at the left an right vents and minimal in the two middle vents.I remember that i should blow equal tru all vents.All vents are in the open possitio btw.Also the flap to the rear seats is closed.When I close th L&R dash vents,it won't make a difference in the middl vents.Only the bottom L&R vents will blow more air Is there anything you know that could prevent air to flow normal i the middle vents?Maybe some other flap....I'm not aware of...

Reply to
mus098

Keep looking... yes, there is some more flap...

Reply to
Tiger