560 SEC - thump in rear suspension

I have a 1986 560 SEC. When I make a hard right turn there is a thump from the right rear suspension. Also when the right rear arm has been pushed up
by a bump in the road, as it drops back down there is the thump. I suspect it has something to do with the self leveling feature of the rear suspension. Any ideas on what it could be?
I'd suspect sway bar links... they are made of plastic so they will break.