560SL - Anyone know the approximate weight....

..of the hardtop to a 560SL? I'm shipping it from my parents house, and need to estimate the weight. Thanks!

Reply to
Tom

Just a wild guess, but it can't be more than 150 pounds, closer to just 100 actually, for my 450SL hardtop, since i can take it off and put it on by myself and i am not strong at all. I can't imagine a 560 would be different.

Reply to
sdp1s

Two web sites I found mention that the top is about 40 kilograms, or about 88 pounds.

Reply to
Michael J. Astrauskas