6.9 Suspension

Anyone in this group know anything about these suspension systems? Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks, George

We know ALL about them! What's up (or not up?) with yours?
perhaps you can help me too, do you know what these 2 items are worth that I've listed ?
thanks.

welcome to the 6.9 club
my suspension is perfect and is a joyous experience over springs and shocks, except for the valve that is connected to the front wheels, it has a minor leak, and the reservoir leaks slightly too, well, the metal thing that's on the top of it, I don't know what its called. I guess they are common issues.

Hydro-pneumatic springs in place of the steel coil springs used in, say, the 450SEL.
System includes chassis level control.
Lots of complexity, expensive to fix.

The system was made under license from citroen. So if you are looking for an independent mechanic to fix it, it would not be a bad idea to look for a Mercedes _and_ Citroen guy
Frank

haute in die Tasten:

THAT's not encouraging. Reminds me of the old joke about the French having 2 different spellings for "lemon"...
haute in die Tasten:

Not so fast. It is a Mercedes design (some of which Citreon happens to have patents on), and is as reliable as you can expect this type of suspension to be!

How ya gonna find a guy like that in the USA? Da Gubbament threw out anybody who had anything to do with French stuff last year! ;)
Seriously, that would be a bit of a problem in the USA. Not sure when the last time a Citroen was imported to the USA (officially) I think the Citroen SM was the last one and that was at least 20 years ago.
Not sure if I'd want a 6.9 right now. They are just old enough that, unless they have been maintained well, they should demand a lot of fiddley *and* expensive maintainence.
Jeff
The hydraulics are not really complicated. Basically same system as on the rear of the 560SEL. Same struts I think. I have a 77 6.9 and it has not had any hydraulics trouble. And the engine is bulletproof, especially a euro engine. The only stuff that has gone wrong was due to mileage and the fact it is a 25+ old car.
If you want one of these, now is the time to buy, prices are depressed.

Fred Emmerich

Depressed hell, they're downright suidical.
I've heard the diff is the same as the 126 SD Is this true? (I read it on ebay ad and it sounds rather dubious).
--
OEM parts - Benz: http://parts.mbz.org BMW: http://buyeuroparts.com
I don't know. I have heard a 450SEL diff. will fit but is a different ratio.
at 03:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard J. Sexton (At work)) said:

Fred Emmerich