60K mile service - 320E

Should I have the dealership do the tune-up for 60K mile service? Is it needed?
Thanks

It is up to you... It may be expensive, but it keeps your car in good shape.

It's very expensive and I'd like to know exactly what these modern top of the line cars require at 60K miles that a good old pontiac doesn't. These services are typically like $700+ and for what? Plugs should be good till 100K miles, same thing for transmission fluid in normal service. Besides changing the oil and air filter, checking fluid levels and belts, what do they do that justifies this kind of price?
On 1 Jul 2004 05:08:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Chet Hayes) wrote:

for, it's your car and you can spend you money as you see fit, but I always had MB do the major services
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.
Detailed in your service booklet.
DAS
You should definitely have the service done (you paid a lot for the car and it will cost a good bit to keep it in shape) but it's arguable if you need to bring it to the dealer. If you have a good independent MB shop (and if you don't already have one I suggest that you find one) you could consider taking it to them for the work - it'll probably cost you a lot less. The dealership will often try to sell you on repairs that might not be needed but will get the car back to showroom condition.