'67 MB250sl Parts

I have just bought a very clean MB 250SL 1967 But the heating controls that protrude through the dash have all been broken off. The remnants are still
in the car and it seems the plastic (bakelite?) has just perished and given up. Has any one got some info on where to source the replacement components and has any one ever removed an replaced this piece. Is it hard or could an average DIYer tackle it successfully? Does any one know the best newsgroup for classic M-B cars? I'm in Ireland
--
John McGinley
+ 353 86 2547855