7 SPEED AUTO versus 5 SPEED AUTO

Page 2 of 2

Good article. Doesn't only apply to cameras but you name it. I remember my first digital camera was 1 megapixel. Then came the barrage of yearly improvements. About three years later I bought a 3.2 megapixel. Finally realized that resolution is fine for what I do with it.
Same with computers. Had to keep Intel slot conspiracy going so had to have faster and faster CPU's. Finally two years or so ago, I built my own 2.53GHz system and realize now that is fast enough. No more Intel marketing hype stuff needed about faster performance.
Horse Power is the same story...at a certain point enough is enough. I have been keeping MB in business for the past 30 years but not because of more power but because of wanting to experience the latest in design and handling. That is why I am hoping the CLS is available here with the 350 engine. I really like the design although it is a direct upgrade to the present E. If you were to sit inside the CLS and did not know what model you were in , you would say a dressed up E Class if asked.
The pricing may be a little steep when it hits the street but I am at a point in life that I had better enjoy it now or not at all....:-) Let the estate pay it off....chuckle.
Jack

I think their cars are more a source of projecting ego as opposed to just driving pleasure.

Very true.

...and lack of open roads, I might add!

LOL!
Michael
I am very excited about the new World 7Gtronic Transmission! It has 2 more gears than most conventional transmissions, and this has countless benefits:
Lower RPMs to reduce fuel consumption, and drastically increase the life of the engine reduces engine wear optimal performance, buy keeping the RPM in peak Torque Rapid Downshift, including multiple gears better engine management: ride and feel!
I wish my car had one...but I'm stuck with the old 5'er (oh poor me eh? - these tran's ARE STILL AMAZING!)
I think these will be way better than the CVT's as there are numerous long term problems they will produce...but far more to the point, they kill the drive. And isn't that what a Mercedes is all about? The Mercedes Benz Ride: Like no other!
They are currently only available on the larger engine, soley due to power outputs, but as with everything, expect to see them all over - including manuel versions...but as usual...:(...I'll have to cross the pond if I want to see it first!
yours,
muchly.