'72 350SL...back seat-belt?

Hi Group.

I have just purchased a 1972 350SL, the hard/soft top 2 seater. There is a small area behind the two seats that would hold my daughter if there was a seat belt in the back. Anyone have any experience on how, where to buy, where to install? a seat belt back there? There is a removable carpeted bottom panel and may be somewhere to bolt a belt on below that, I am just not sure.....

Looking forward to any ideas.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Oyster

Get the back seat kit and it will come with everything... seat, belts, everything. Back seat however is not a good place for toddlers and small kids under 5... for safety issue.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks Tiger, Where would I get the back seat kit? at Mercedes? or somewhere else? Thanks too for mentioning the safety issue, my daughter's 10. I appreciate the concern though.

Reply to
Oyster

You need something like this...

Try ebay for used kit if you want to be frugal. The link I sent you is brand new... WOW! I didn't know the 107 is such a long running convertible... 17 years!

Reply to
Tiger