73 450sl electronic fuel injection

is it possible that if the vacume advance is not working it could cause flooding?

No. But other ignition issues could. Flooding usually is a symptom of a cold start circuit malfunction.
Does this motor have something called "trigger points" and if so, are they implicated?
Seems to me there was 450 here about 4 - 6 weeks ago with a similar problem and I vaguely recall something about "trigger points".