76MPG Diesel Accord, when will Mercedes match that?

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id#4399

Heheheh...
I humbly submit (honest!) that if operating costs or "green" issues (social awareness for the use of fossil-fuel) are major concerns, one consider taking the bus to work. Me... I'd much rather Zoom, Zoom, Zoom:
http://www.astro-nut.com/Toys.jpg
Cheers,
Paul (who'd also like to pay less for fuel, but will NOT give up the ride! :o)
--- http://www.astro-nut.com ---

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:25:14 GMT, "cp" wrote:
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id#4399
Quote form site: Two production cars, randomly selected by FIA officials, were used to undertake the speed records, and apart from the fitting of roll-cages, racing harnesses and radio equipment for track-to-pits communication, no other modifications were made to the cars. Unquote
Does that mean these cars come covered in those hideous stickers that look like something a 14 year old adolescent would draw? I guess you have a choice to make, drive a toy car that does a lot of miles to the gallon when driven carefully around an oval track. Or buy a car that uses more fuel but is actually comfortable and doesn't look like something from the bargain bucket at Toys R Us.
300 Essie
--
1994 Mercedes E280 [W124] 99,000 miles (R.I.P)
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles