76MPG Diesel Accord, when will Mercedes match that?

Heheheh...

I humbly submit (honest!) that if operating costs or "green" issues (social awareness for the use of fossil-fuel) are major concerns, one consider taking the bus to work. Me... I'd much rather Zoom, Zoom, Zoom:

Cheers,

Paul (who'd also like to pay less for fuel, but will NOT give up the ride! :o)

Reply to
Paul Hyndman

Quote form site: Two production cars, randomly selected by FIA officials, were used to undertake the speed records, and apart from the fitting of roll-cages, racing harnesses and radio equipment for track-to-pits communication, no other modifications were made to the cars. Unquote

Does that mean these cars come covered in those hideous stickers that look like something a 14 year old adolescent would draw? I guess you have a choice to make, drive a toy car that does a lot of miles to the gallon when driven carefully around an oval track. Or buy a car that uses more fuel but is actually comfortable and doesn't look like something from the bargain bucket at Toys R Us.

300 Essie
Reply to
300 Essie

Wow... that is impressive. The only question is whether it can come to USA...

Reply to
Tiger

Exactly, I love my 300D, but it's the last of a dying breed. I will buy that accord. As soon as it's imported. Japanese + Diesel = the next new super long lasting car.

Reply to
Frank Burns