77 280E fuel Accumulator?

Is it possible to test if an Accumulater is functioning properly?

My engine is running like a complete pig. Almost impossible starting, When it does start it Idles rough and Will just sputter when the pedal is hit then stall. Sometimes when restarting it after it stalls I can get it to rev cleanly to about 3-4K rpm, It will the kind of surge really bad then after about a Minute will just start to sputter then stall again.

Fuel pump is also very noisy, But it is a brand new one?

Does this sound like a shot Accumulater?

Thanks for any help,

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Miller

Sounds like fuel starvation - when was the fuel filter last changed?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Fuel filter is also new.

Reply to
Jeremy Miller

Suggest you have the fuel pump's pressure and output volume checked. That will either confirm that it's working well or not and so, by this process of elimination, isolate the problem component.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I chucked my fuel accumulator out, and the car runs great. Instead of starting up in 0.5 seconds, now it starts in 1.3 seconds, no big deal.

cp

then stall.