79 300CD

Hi everybody. I have a 79 300CD that leaks oil onto the inside. I thought it was a filler cap so I bought a new one which stopped that seepage, but it still happens. It seems to come from the key/ignition part and drops down onto the brake pedal, ruined several pair of shoes/boots. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

IIRC, in '79, the oil pressure gauge had a real oil line from the engine feeding it. Perhaps that has sprung a leak.

Cheers, WS

Reply to
Lee Wei Shun

"z" wrote in news:pfkLc.149025$Oq2.102876@attbi_s52:

Are you sure it's not something like brake fluid??

Reply to
splam

if its brake fluid its pissing down the plunger

i would look at the oil tube first for the simple reason if it goes your going to get a pan full of hot oil at your feet FAST if it cuts loose

case

Reply to
pool man

From the newsgroup. Your problem is one I have had also. It is the oil pressure gauge, you need to pull the dash out and either tighten the fitting, or replace the oil gauge, but I guarantee you that is what is leaking and that is where . Jim