'79 300D Alternator V-belt

How many belts should the alternator have on a '79 300D? I thought two, but in starting to replace the belts today, I discovered one (1). If this should have two, then I may need to change alternators?
Do all the belts have to come off to change the alt. and steering?
Thanks, all.
Add pictures here
✖
Two (dual) belts only if the alternator, fan AND crankshaft have dual pulleys to carry such dual belts.
An alternator may have a dual pulley attached to it so that alternator can be put onto car models that have single or dual belts.
--

© 2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
On Feb 8, 5:09 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

Ah, I see. Well, I was just a little taken aback, because I was expecting two, and because with such accessories as alternators, I', always wary that someone has hacked some after-market part on. Haven't found that with this car anywhere else, though. Thanks again for the help.
Now for the stupid part of the question: Can I change one belt or do I have to remove them all. I haven't looked in there yet to see if I can get the Alt. and Steering belts off without taking off all three.
Randall
Add pictures here
✖
I believe the belts are in this order, from the engine out: Alt then Power Steering then AC.
So yes, you need to remove them all.
All of them have an Alternator. Not all have power steering. Other than the US where AC came stock, most do not have AC.
On Feb 8, 5:09 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

Ah, I see. Well, I was just a little taken aback, because I was expecting two, and because with such accessories as alternators, I', always wary that someone has hacked some after-market part on. Haven't found that with this car anywhere else, though. Thanks again for the help.
Now for the stupid part of the question: Can I change one belt or do I have to remove them all. I haven't looked in there yet to see if I can get the Alt. and Steering belts off without taking off all three.
Randall
Add pictures here
✖

Great, thanks. I'll remove 'em all and put the a/c belt back, as the dealer didn't have a new one.
Add pictures here
✖