'79 Mercedes 240d

I bought a '79 MB 240d at a repo auction about a year ago. Odometer does not work, reads 198k miles. Do not know any history of the car.

I have done the following: plugged vacuum lines so that motor would shut off change oil, several times now, using Synthetic from Walmart no leaks changed glow plugs to pencil type w new controller new tires changed rear shocks replaced driver arm rest The car is a daily driver, about 60 miles each day.

The a/c compressor is missing.

what a/c compressor do I need? where is it mounted? where can I find one? what kind of problems will I have in getting the a/c working?

advice is appreciated.

and I thank you for past advice.

What else should I look at to improve the car?

j.

Reply to
Into the living sea of waking dreams

I think its the R4 compressor and is available for $250 US at

. They only offer a rebuilt one unfortunatelybut shaves a lot off of new price. The AC compressor should mount above the alternator and on the side engine there should be 3-4 holes towards the front where the compressor mounts.Maybe Adsit has the brackets that you will need along with the rest of hardware.

Not sure what you mean exactly about how to improve your W123.

Reply to
CaptainW116