'79 Mercedes 240d

I bought a '79 MB 240d at a repo auction about a year ago. Odometer does not work, reads 198k miles. Do not know any history of the car.
I have done the following:
    plugged vacuum lines so that motor would shut off     change oil, several times now, using Synthetic from Walmart         no leaks     changed glow plugs to pencil type w new controller     new tires     changed rear shocks     replaced driver arm rest          The car is a daily driver, about 60 miles each day.
The a/c compressor is missing.
    what a/c compressor do I need?     where is it mounted?     where can I find one?     what kind of problems will I have in getting the a/c working?
    advice is appreciated.
    and I thank you for past advice.
What else should I look at to improve the car?
j.
I think its the R4 compressor and is available for $250 US at http://www.adsitco.com . They only offer a rebuilt one unfortunately but shaves a lot off of new price.
The AC compressor should mount above the alternator and on the side engine there should be 3-4 holes towards the front where the compressor mounts.Maybe Adsit has the brackets that you will need along with the rest of hardware.
Not sure what you mean exactly about how to improve your W123.