79 W123 300D Transmission

I can find no vacuum modulator adjustment on my 300D transmission, and am beginning to think that this must have a mechanical adjustment somewhere.

I am trying to adjust so that my transmission will shift into fourth gear. Now it won't.

Also, I cannot get the kick-down solenoid out of it's receptacle. I have sprayed electrical anti-corrosive solvent onto the unit, in hopes of freeing it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
randallbrink

Not on the driver side? Round thing that may be red, green or black in color with a rubber cap in the middle? It is closer to the front 1/3 of the tranny... just above the transmission pan?

As for the kick down switch, pull the carpet out and follow the wire to the plug and just disconnect it.

Reply to
Tiger

I'll look again--always a chance I missed something, as I did not have the car on the hoist.

I will disconnect the wire on the kick-down switch.

Reply to
randallbrink