7G-TRONIC 7-speed automatic transmission

http://www.mbspy.com/7g.htm

Hi Juergen...an amazing piece of engineering.
Would you expect to see these in the E Class with the V6 in 2005 models, or perhaps in later 2004 models?
Jack

Hi Jack,
Nevada Jack wrote:

Definitely!

I don't think so - my guess is the 7G is oversized for the 6-bangers.
But to be honest I can say nothing at all - all I know about the 7G is from the article plus that it will also be avilable in the E 60 AMG - E 60 AMG? Yes, see http://www.mbspy.com/211e60amg.htm

Kind regards
Juergen Always alert if my 4-speed 722 auto trans can handle the 72 horses of the 1982 240D - that's why I do not like the 212 donkeys as I fear that is too many for the 722 ;-)
John wrote:

Extended Warranty might be a good idea.
I though it was not to be used on the AMG models but now its going to be on the E60? Is the E60 due anytime soon?
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Somewhen in 2004 - yes, I know, not very precise, but I simply haven't any better info yet.
Juergen