'82 240d moon roof

Does anyone know how I can close the moon roof since the gearbox for the electric motor is slipping internal? I tried to remove the drive rod from the gearbox to manually turn but rod would not come out. Is
there a trick of some kind?? Thanks.
You use the spark plug wrench looking kind of tool and put it on the red plastic nut on the motor to turn it close... Unless yours happens to be missing... look for a nut in the front of the motor that will allow you to turn.

The problem is the gearbox that the motor attaches to is slipping internal. So I've got to be able to turn the drive rod that runs from the motor/gearbox assembly to the roof. Thanks.
Mmm... I didn't realize that... I guess the solution is two fold...
1. You need a helper to pull your moonroof close... go half way closed to you can do the second step... So someone pull the moonroof while you are trying to close it from the trunk... Or... let the motor help you close it halfway... while you are pulling.
2. Once halfway, you need to pull the moonroof cover off... from the front of the moonroof... and in between the cover and the sheetmetal of moonroof... use a trim removal tool or a really taped up big screwdriver to pop it off...
Once cover is loose, pull it up and out of the car.
Find the metal rod on the moonroof in the center... remove the circlip pin off... and disengage the drive wire... Push the moonroof back enough and then have the motor drive that driveshaft out...
At this point, you remove and replace the motor... or just remove the motor... push the shaft back in... close the moonroof and prop it up.

There should be a nut on the motor that you can drive manually with the lug wrench when the motor fails.
It's really all buggered up then you can pop the sunrof headliner, take the clip out that connects the cable to the roof and just move it manually then.