82 240D Soundproofing and Interior Restoration

I've had my 240D for a while now, and the week i got it i realized the door seals leaked and the carpet had began to decompose / mildew. I'm getting the seals replaced next month, i have already stripped
out the carpet and im looking for a carpet kit for the car. The drivers seat is also in pretty bad shape (the springs are worn, and the leather/vinyl is coming to pieces.
Also i am looking into making the interior of the car much quieter, has anyone here taken steps of sound proofing the interior of the car? If youve got any advice on that i would appricate it very much.
Thanks, Mitch Knight
see: http://www.advweb.com/psb /