'82 300CD-T Rear Rubber Bumper Pad Replacement

The rubber pad on the rear bumper of my '82 300CD-T has lost its ability to stay attached, and I have some questions about replacing it. When the bad pad is removed, the driver's side of my bumper has
"female" slots for the "male" protrusions of the rubber pad, some of which have broken off (hence the problem), but the passenger side of the bumper has a white plastic strip that is meant to go inside the channel of the rubber bumper pad. In looking at replacement bumper pads on MercedesSource, I don't see the "male" protrusions on the driver's side pad, just the channel for fitting over the white plastic strip. Is it normal that the pad attaches differently on one half of the bumper than the other?
I realize now that the rubber pad had simply taken the driver's side plastic piece along with it when it came off. Where's the best place to get a replacement plastic strip and what's the best way to attach it to the chrome bumper?

eyeball kid wrote:

There is a lot of stuff here for MBZs:
http://www.autohausaz.com /
Good hunting :-)
I found a new plastic "impact strip holder." at Performance Products (http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com ), right up the road from me. Now what's the best way to attach it to my bumper? Will the hooks hold it sufficiently on their own? I noticed that the old one had some sort of rubbery adhesive in various spots.