82 300D Turbo glow plugs?

I recently had all the bulbs replaced in my dash. I don't know if its related, but now my engine turns over but won't start. I noticed my glow plug dashboard light doesn't light when I turn the key to the second stop
when I turn the key. Is the glow plug failure and the bulb replacement related? A fuse?
I believe the glow plugs in this model are in parallel, so the problem would seem to be electrical and not with the glowplugs.
Any guesses?
You might want to take a look at the following link. It has the index and the associated PDF's for working on 79-85 or so 123's.
15 - Electrical system engine (ignition system, preheating system, starter, alternator) a.. 705 Operation of preglow system b.. 708 Installation preglow time relay with modified ventilation c.. 710 Checking preglow system
http://skinnerbox.steaky.org/123_DISK2/program/123-cd-index.html
Bill

would

Try checking the glow plug relay fuse. It's a little black box mounted on the inside driverside fenderwell...just pop off the plastic cover and you'll see the fuse. I just had to replace the one on my '81 300TD after changing the glow plugs.
Try checking the grounds. i had a similar problem and some mechanics wanted to change anywhere from the ignition switch, starter, alternator, and what have you. then a more experienced mechanic simply cleaned the contacts on the main ground and it's always started since.
I opened the glow plug relay and found the fuse was cracked and broken. Its replaced and running. Thanks to all.

would