'82 300DT #8 fuse upgrade

Anyone has upgraded his Mercedes (W123) #8 fuse (16 amps, red colour) with the external 30 amps fuse, and has resulted no electrical fire, please response quickly. I need to upgrade mine. By using the defrost position
for too long, the 16 amps fuse will blow. And it is icing on the outside right now. Thanks.
'82 300DT #8 fuse upgrade Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Fri, Nov 21, 2003, 3:31pm (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca (LT) Anyone has upgraded his Mercedes (W123) #8 fuse (16 amps, red colour) with the external 30 amps fuse, and has resulted no electrical fire, please response quickly. I need to upgrade mine. By using the defrost position for too long, the 16 amps fuse will blow. And it is icing on the outside right now. Thanks. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx how about a 20 amp? i am not big in overloading wiring.
also CLEAN up the tongs that hold the fuse in place. you will have corrosion on the holder.
case
the case, minus a few cans!
Thanks. I will do that. Anyone has try the external fuse?
(LT)